Robin's Treehouse

Just a little tree where I like to sit and think.

Name:
Location: Plymouth, United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

*Glares at blog*

I posted last week, after I finally retrieved my password, and now that post is gone, gone! all GONE!!!

Fav word this week/day/hour/minute: raconteur

I like English, I love English. Do you know why? Because the English language is our share of the loot from our pirate days, we stole words from virtually every language in the world. One of my English teachers used to say that the language we stole least from was Welsh as we only have a dozen welsh words in english.

Never a good idea to steal from your neighbours, they're more likely to want something back in exchange.

But raconteur has a latin/french sound/spelling to it I think. Rake-con-tier (Please forgive my terrible attempt at phonetic spelling.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home